Grants & Funding information
2011 - 2015
- £200.00 - from the Powerstock Cider Festival in April.
- £8.89 - donations from the Ropewalk Fair, Bridport, Sunday 10th May
- BCOG is delighted to have been awarded a very generous grant of £844.91p from the Palmers Brewery Fund.
- Following the successful Yoga in the Orchard sessions in July & August, BCOG is delighted to have received a generous donation of £100 from the organisers.
- The sum of £75 has been most kindly donated to BCOG by the West Dorset Beekeepers' Association.
- Bridport Environment Group (BEG) generously awarded BCOG a grant of £250. A part of the monies was used towards the purchase of native, local plug plants, to make a bee friendly plant border in front of the espaliers; and part used to run workshops, in conjunction with DWT, to create bee/bug habitats, using untreated materials.
- Potato Day, organised by Jude Hopkins and Marion Palmer, raised £290 for our allotment.
- Leakers - £50 from a charity collection box.
- The Lions Club - £500 for Jubilee Green (and £200 for juicing equipment last year).
- POPP and the Co-operative Community Fund for grants for the Gardening Club (now complete)
- Waitrose - £460 from their community collection for juicing kit.
- WDDC community fund - £350 for Jubilee Green noticeboard and bulbs for Spring 2013.
- Wessex Water - for a grant for the pond; pond dipping equipment & rainwater harvesting kit.
- Bridport Round Table - a donation for the purchase of an additional garden shed/storage space
- Co-operative Bank Community Fund – for the Gardening Club
- Jewson Builders' Merchant – timber for the dipping platform
- Lions Club - grant towards the purchase of apple pressing equipment
- Wessex Water - a grant towards the upkeep of the pond, also enabling us to buy pond dipping equipment and rainwater goods for the new shed.
- West Dorset District Council Coast & Countryside Team – funding for the Hedge laying Workshop